Established in 2006, the Keystone State Education Coalition is a growing grass roots, non-partisan public education advocacy group of several hundred locally elected, volunteer school board members and administrators from school districts throughout Pennsylvania. Our mission is to evaluate, discuss and inform our boards, district constituents and legislators on legislative issues of common interest and to facilitate active engagement in public education advocacy.
Democratic Policy Committee - Pittsburgh Public Hearing on SB1 - Agenda for March 23, 2011
PA House Democratic Policy Committee - Pittsburgh Public Hearing on SB1 - Agenda for March 23, 2011 Public is welcome - come out and show your support! Wednesday, March 23, 2011, at 9:00 a.m. in Pittsburgh
Public Hearing with Rep. Jake Wheatley on Vouchers at the University of Pittsburgh, William Pitt Union Building’s Kurtzman Room, 3959 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh.
9:00 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:10 a.m. Panel One:
· Ira Weiss, Solicitor, School District of Pittsburgh
· John Tarka, President, Pittsburgh Federation of Teachers
· Marianne Neel, President, Pennsylvania School Board Association
· Dr. Ronald Sofo, Superintendent, Freedom Area School District
9:50 a.m. Panel Two:
· Dawn Chavous, Executive Director, Students First
· Otto Banks, Executive Director, REACH Alliance and Foundation