Rep. Roebuck Media Advisory April 18, 2017
HARRISBURG, April 18 – House Democrats will hold a news conference Wednesday to unveil a package of charter school reform bills designed to treat all Pennsylvania public schools – both traditional and charter – and their students equally under law.
The news conference will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 19 in the Capitol Media Center. Media coverage is invited. Live video of the event is also expected to be available on www.pahouse.com. Members of the media may also listen to the news conference by calling 717-787-9903 through 9910.
Speakers are expected to include:
Tell your legislator to vote "No" on House Biill 97. Here are some of the reasons why -
Commonwealth Foundation Apr 17, 2017 James Paul
Curmuducation Blog by Peter Greene Tuesday, April 18, 2017
In the aftermath of a number of tragic school shootings, the debate continues across the country on how we can better protect our children. While most of this discussion surrounds whether or not more gun control measures are needed, I believe we must look at all options when it comes to improving the safety and security of our children, teachers and school staff....
By Molly Born / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette April 19, 2017 12:00 AM
— Sen. Pat Browne (R-Lehigh), Senate Appropriations Committee chair
- Monday, May 1, 6-8 p.m. — Parkway West CTC, 7101 Steubenville Pike, Oakdale, PA 15071
- Tuesday, May 2, 7:30-9 a.m. — A W Beattie Career Center, 9600 Babcock Blvd, Allison Park, PA 15101
- Tuesday, May 2, 6-8 p.m. — Crawford County CTC, 860 Thurston Road, Meadville, PA 16335
- Wednesday, May 3, 6-8 p.m. — St. Marys Area School District, 977 S. St Marys Road, Saint Marys, PA 15857
- Thursday, May 4, 6-8 p.m. — Central Montco Technical High School, 821 Plymouth Road, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
- Friday, May 5, 7:30-9 a.m. — Lehigh Carbon Community College, 4525 Education Park Dr, Schnecksville, PA 18078
- Monday, May 15, 6-8 p.m. — CTC of Lackawanna Co., 3201 Rockwell Avenue, Scranton, PA 18508
- Tuesday, May 16, 6-8 p.m. — PSBA, 400 Bent Creek Boulevard, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
- Wednesday, May 17, 6-8 p.m. — Lycoming CTC, 293 Cemetery Street, Hughesville, PA 17737
- Thursday, May 18, 6-8 p.m. — Chestnut Ridge SD, 3281 Valley Road, Fishertown, PA 15539