Members of the Hempfield Area Education Association will be working under a new contract beginning Sept. 1. The association's members and Hempfield Area school directors on Monday night ratified the five-year union contract. “I think we brought back a contract that we can all live with,” said Director Sonya Brajdic after the vote. The school directors approved the agreement unanimously. The contract will run through July 31, 2020. “It's a contract that's fair to both sides,” said union President Joe Scheuermann. The agreement includes an average annual salary increase of 1.87 percent through the duration of the pact, according to a news release. Teachers will contribute 10 percent toward their health care premiums.
- Join your neighbors and other concerned citizens who believe that investing in our kids is non-negotiable
- We’ll provide: FREE Transportation to and from the Capitol and lunch; a brief training on the bus, materials, and day of schedule
- Scheduled visits with elected officials
- Bus will depart from in front of the United Way Building at 7:45am at 1709 Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
- We will return to Philly by approximately 4:30pm. (Discounted parking ($8) available at the Sheraton Hotel at 17th & Race)
- If you plan to drive yourself, we will meet at the Capitol between 10am and 10:30am.
Baker Hall |
PSBA July 7, 2015
PSBA website July 31, 2015