In the past few months there have been a lot of arguments made against Gov. Wolf's budget proposal. Some have been measured and well thought out, while others have been nonsensical diatribes. Most, however, have been political in nature. Allow me to offer my own humble critique through the eyes of an economist. As part of my job, I am lucky enough to travel the country and work closely with various states and local governments to develop their budgets and chart out sustainable fiscal policies. As someone who has spent his career trying to help policymakers make sound fiscal decisions, I am often saddened when I come home and open up the local newspaper.
- Join your neighbors and other concerned citizens who believe that investing in our kids is non-negotiable
- We’ll provide: FREE Transportation to and from the Capitol and lunch; a brief training on the bus, materials, and day of schedule
- Scheduled visits with elected officials
- Bus will depart from in front of the United Way Building at 7:45am at 1709 Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
- We will return to Philly by approximately 4:30pm. (Discounted parking ($8) available at the Sheraton Hotel at 17th & Race)
- If you plan to drive yourself, we will meet at the Capitol between 10am and 10:30am.
Baker Hall |
PSBA July 7, 2015
PSBA website July 31, 2015