The public is invited and will have opportunities to ask questions and learn how to support fair and adequate state funding for public schools in southeastern Pennsylvania.
Panelists include Springfield School District School Board president and Delco Chamber of Commerce board member Frank Agovino, Springfield superintendent James Capolupo, Lower Merion School District acting superintendent Wagner Marseille, William Penn School District Superintendent Joe Bruni, Upper Darby school District Superintendent Richard Dunlap, Stanley Johnson, executive director of Operations for Phoenixville Area School District, and Susan Gobreski, executive director of Education Voters of PA.
- full funding for the PPS schools our children deserve
- charter school accountability
- sustainable community schools
- welcoming and inclusive teaching and learning environments
- support for educators who help our children learn and grow
- universal early childhood education
- less testing, more learning
- transparency, accountability and collaboration
PSBA Leadership Development Committee seeks strong leaders for the association
Members interested in becoming the next leaders of PSBA are encouraged to complete an Application for Nomination no later than April 30. As a member-driven association, the Leadership Development Committee (LDC) is seeking nominees with strong skills in leadership and communication, and who have vision for PSBA. The positions open are:
- 2016 President Elect (one-year term)
- 2016 Vice President (one-year term)
- 2016 Eastern Section at Large Representative - includes Regions 7, 8, 10, 11 and 15 (three-year term)