The contract that ousted PA Cyber Charter School founder Nick Trombetta brokered with its curriculum provider remains in place months after prosecutors indicted the former school chief on 11 counts of mail fraud, bribery, tax conspiracy and filing false tax returns. Lawmakers pointed to the Trombetta case as a high-profile opportunity to overhaul the charter school laws passed in the early-Internet days of 1997 and address criticisms that cyber schools pocket too much money compared to their operational costs. While legislation sits in limbo, many educators agree no one has hard data on how much money cyber schools should receive.
Tuesday, April 8th at
- Jack Brennan, Chairman Emeritus of The Vanguard Group
- Phil Peterson, Partner, Aon Hewitt and Co-Chair of America’s Edge/Ready Nation
- And more to be announced!
- Date & Time Tuesday, April 29, 2014 | 5-7 PM
- Location Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia