PSBA is sending to all legislators its report on the academic performance of traditional and charter schools, with results showing that charter schools continue to academically underperform traditional public schools. An analysis of the PA Department of Education’s (PDE) system of rating the performance of public schools using School Performance Profiles (SPP) indicate that less than half of the brick and mortar charter schools met passing benchmark scores, and none of the cyber charter schools met the mark. Nearly three-quarters of traditional public schools, however, earned passing scores in the first year of the new measuring system.
Tuesday, April 8th at
- Jack Brennan, Chairman Emeritus of The Vanguard Group
- Phil Peterson, Partner, Aon Hewitt and Co-Chair of America’s Edge/Ready Nation
- And more to be announced!
- Date & Time Tuesday, April 29, 2014 | 5-7 PM
- Location Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia