McInerney says that's no longer the case. "In 2015 it's clear that we do have judicially manageable standards," says McInerney. "We have mechanisms to assess how children are doing in school, what their academic outcomes are."
"It's clearly not a political question and in fact a majority of states have considered these school funding cases and have rejected arguments that it presents a political question," says McInerney. The lawsuit says the state has failed to meet its constitutional obligation to adequately fund schools, and the current funding system violates the constitution's equal-protection clause.
- See more at: http://www.publicnewsservice.org/2015-12-03/childrens-issues/parents-school-districts-ask-court-to-decide-lawsuit/a49235-2#sthash.wdMFUyxv.dpuf
But how does that even work? How does the Wall Street firm get paid? With what money? How do you make money on an investment in something that creates no profit?
Monday, Nov. 30, 2015, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015, 7:30pm - 8:30pm
Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015, 7:30pm - 8:30pm
Thursday, Dec. 3, 2015, 7:30pm - 8:30pm
Friday, Dec. 4, 2015, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
- $150 per registrant (No charge if your district has a LEARN Pass. Note: All-Access members also have LEARN Pass.)
- One-hour lunch on your own — bring your lunch, go to lunch, or we’ll bring a box lunch to you; coffee/tea provided all day
- Course materials available online or we’ll bring a printed copy to you for an additional $25
- Registrants receive one month of 100-level online courses for each registrant, after the live class
- Philadelphia area — Nov. 21 William Tennent HS, Warminster (note: location changed from IU23 Norristown)
- Pittsburgh area — Dec. 5 Allegheny IU3, Homestead
- South Central PA and Erie areas (joint program)— Dec. 12 Northwest Tri-County IU5, Edinboro and PSBA, Mechanicsburg
- Butler area — Jan. 9 Midwestern IU 4, Grove City (note: location changed from Penn State New Kensington)
- Allentown area — Jan. 16 Lehigh Career & Technical Institute, Schnecksville
- Central PA — Jan. 30 Nittany Lion Inn, State College
- Scranton area — Feb. 6 Abington Heights SD, Clarks Summit
- North Central area —Feb. 13 Mansfield University, Mansfield
Housing and meeting registration is open for Advocacy Institute 2016. The theme, “Election Year Politics & Public Schools,” celebrates the exciting year ahead for school board advocacy. Strong legislative programming will be paramount at this year’s conference in January. Visit www.nsba.org/advocacyinstitute for more information.
Hershey Lodge and Convention Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania
House Majority Leader Rep. Dave Reed, (717) 705-7173
Senate President Pro Tempore Sen. Joe Scarnati, (717) 787-7084
Senate Majority Leader Sen. Jake Corman, (717) 787-1377