- Acting Ed Sec'y Pedro Rivera
- Senate Ed Committee Majority Chairman Lloyd Smucker
- House Ed Committee Majority Chairman Stan Saylor
- Senate Appropriations Committee Chair Pat Browne
- Diane Ravitch
- House Majority Leader Dave Reed
- House Minority Leader Frank Dermody
- 2014 PSBA Tim Allwein Advocacy Award winners Shauna D'Alessandro and Mark Miller
Joel Greenberg once donated $1 million to a struggling after-school music program in West Philadelphia, having read about it in the newspaper. The
October 22, 2011: Students First PAC Contributions to Senate Ed Committee Members
April 22, 2011: Students First PAC Ramps up ...
January 3, 2011 - Follow The Students First PAC Voucher Money
That particular political adage could be one that Tom Wolf, the Democratic governor of Pennsylvania, might ponder as he begins the likely lengthy process of steering his budget and tax proposals through the state’s Republican dominated legislature. Wolf’s budget proposes major tax restructuring designed to reduce
Many legislative Republicans would like to do so, and Wolf is certainly moving in that direction. Pennsylvanians widely favor it as well. Moreover, the argument for abolishing the property tax as a source of public school funding is compelling. Doing so would comprise one of those rare moments in government where officials have the opportunity to do something that is not only good politics, but also good policy and good economics.
More info/registration: http://www.educationvoterspa.org/index.php/site/news/2015-events/