PSBA May 20, 2014
First lady: Arts education good for good schools
Session I: "Funding Schools: What Pennsylvania Can Learn from Other States"
Key Pennsylvania legislators and public officials will respond to a presentation by Professor Robert C. Knoeppel of Clemson University, an expert on emerging trends and ideas in public school finance.
Moderator: Rob Wonderling, President and CEO, Greater
Charles Zogby, Secretary of the Budget, Commonwealth of PA, Senator Patrick Browne, Senator Anthony Williams, Representative Bernie O'Neill, Representative James Roebuck
Session II: "Why Smart Investments in Public Schools Are Critical to
Introduction: Rob Loughery, Chair, Bucks County Commissioners
Panel (confirmed to date):
Michael Pearson, President and CEO, Union Packaging, Philip Rinaldi, CEO, Philadelphia Energy Solutions, Bryan Hancock, Principal, McKinsey & Company, and author: "The Economic Impact of the Achievement Gap in America's Schools"
You can register for this free event here:
- The State of Education in Pennsylvania 60 Years after Brown
- Keystones and Graduation: Cut the Connection
- How Harrisburg Cut District Funding, Poured on the Keystones, and Connected them to Graduation
- Financing Our Schools: What Does it Cost to Educate a Child in 2014 and How Should We Fund It?
- Effective Advocacy – How to be Heard in Harrisburg - And - What We Need to be Saying