- The House passed a compromise budget bill easily, sending it to the Senate
- Bill aims to avert another government shutdown as early as mid January
- It would also ease unpopular spending cuts to the military and other programs
- Majority Democrats need some Republican support to get measure through Senate
In case auld acquaintance be forgot, “A Nation at Risk,” the landmark Reagan commission report on America’s public schools that augured “a rising tide of mediocrity,” turned an unhappy 30 this year. By all accounts, the three decades since the warning was sounded have done little to allay fears that we’re headed for flood stage should the status quo persist.
In “Charter school bill: A disaster for education in
- One study reveals that nearly half of all American public school students live in poverty.
- Another shows poverty and not race or national origin is best predictor of college attendance.
- As a nation, we need to move beyond treating the symptoms to addressing root causes.
NPE National Conference 2014
November 2013-April 2014 Register Online » Print Form »